Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Painting Children's Furniture

 
 
 
 
 
I love painting children's furniture.  I love to do them in bright, cheerful colors that the children will love! 
 
This set is a small desk and matching chair with a train theme for a little boy.
 
 
 
This piece was a piano bench with a lid that raised up for music storage.  We put one of those safety hinges on it where it won't slam shut and I painted it for a little boy who was into Hot Wheels cars.  The roads are big enough that he can play with his cars on it.  Then when he is finished, he can store his cars in the storage spot by raising up the lid and putting them away.
 
 
This is the finished table.  Sorry for the blurry picture - this was before I got my new camera.
 

 
 
This set of a table and chair had a construction/truck theme.  All kinds of vehicles.
 
 
 
I put many, many coats of water-based varnish on these pieces because you know they are going to get alot of wear and tear.  I want them to last a long time.
 
Hope you enjoyed seeing these.  Next week, I'll show some of my frilly, little girl pieces.
 
Till next time, Judy


6 comments:

  1. What a great idea. It's a great storage idea for those little cars as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Judy! These are AMAZING! You are a fabulous artist! I still say you should write a book for crafters/artists! Thanks for sharing!

    Cheery wave from
    Bev

    ReplyDelete
  3. Some little boy, [or girl] is going to be thrilled to pieces that you made this wonderful piece.

    Kind of wish I had that when I was a kid.

    Jen @ Muddy Boot Dreams

    ReplyDelete
  4. It makes me happy to know such a talented "gal".. You're correct in saying that any little boy would love to have a place to store his toys or a table to play on like the ones you've painted.. That little chair is precious..

    Will look forward to seeing your "girly" pieces..

    Blessings,
    Charlotte

    ReplyDelete
  5. Judy these little kids tables are beyond cute!! I love the piano bench and what a perfect way to re-purpose it! You are one talented artist, girl! (Looks like I like exclamation points a lot...LOL)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...