Monday, October 5, 2015

Christmas Every Monday


Welcome to Christmas Every Monday.  Each Monday in October, I will have a few fun and simple projects for you to start working on ahead of the holidays.

Today's theme is Snowmen!

Let's get started!

List of supplies for all items today.  If you gather all of these items, you can whip out all of these in an afternoon.

These items were all from Dollar Tree:

Set of Salt & Pepper Shakers (clear glass)
Kosher Salt
Peppercorns
Red Candle
Clear Plastic Ornaments 2/$1.00
Wine Glass

From my stash and/or Michaels:

5 1/2" tall flowerpot
4 1/2" flowerpot saucer
Orange felt
Orange scrapbook paper
Black spray paint
White spray paint
Red spray paint and/or red acrylic
Holly spray
Holly garland
Small Christmas ribbon



Here we go ------

Flowerpot Candle Holder


Take a 5 1/2" flowerpot and spray it white.  Add red to the rim - either spray paint and/or acrylic.  If you use spray paint, mask off the white part and spray.

The cheeks are done with actual blush from my make up box.  Rub it on with your fingers and then soften it out around the edges.  Add the eyes and mouth with black acrylic paint. I used a small heart painted orange for the nose, however, you could use orange felt.  I dip a Qtip in the paint.  It makes really nice big dots.


Turn the flowerpot saucer upside down and spray paint in black.


Glue the black saucer to the top of your painted flowerpot.  Add candle.


Add a spray of holly with berries.

Project #1 is done.


I highly recommend using this spray paint.  It is a primer and will cover everything we are working on.

Wine Glass Candle Holder


 Spray a wine glass with the white spray paint.

Paint the same face as the first project.  Add an orange felt nose and some kind of Christmas greenery around the candle.



Project #2 done!!


 The Melting Snowman Ornament

This is super simple!!

Take a clear plastic ornament and add Kosher salt to it, then whole peppercorns and a tiny orange nose made out of a rolled up piece of scrapbook paper. 

Project #3 - Done!!


Snowmen Salt & Pepper Shakers 

These are spray painted white, face painted as previous projects, nose cute out of orange felt and any kind of Christmas ribbon wrapped and tied around neck.

Project #4 - done!!

These projects will all be easy and very affordable to make for teachers, neighbors, etc.

Hope you enjoy!

Judy









25 comments:

  1. What a great idea!!!!! I'm checking this out weekly for sure! Love these cute and easy snowman projects Judy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wasn't expecting 4 projects! Very sweet.
    warmly,
    deb

    ReplyDelete
  3. those are adorable! Especially love the melted snowman, the nose got to me laying there!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Judy....perfect to make with the grands.

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are all adorable and easy crafts! Cute cute cute!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the snowman crafts Judy. These are fabulous. Miss not so DIY here might actually be able to make these!!! Love the snowman candle holder and the snowman ornament. Thanks for sharing. Super cute.
    Kris

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are so adorable Judy!!! It is obvious you inherited the creative gene. Can't wait for next Monday to see what else you design. I am thinking Christmas already :-)

    Big Texas Hugs,
    Susan and Bentley

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those are all adorable. I am pinning the clay pot candle holder for a possible school project. Thanks for your visit and kind comments on our Fall kitchen tour.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I agree . Each idea is so simple and so darling

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh Judy, what great projects and so easy and not much money. You are so creative with everything.
    Thanks so much for sharing these project with us.
    Happy crafting.
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very creative and adorable projects. Snowmen are my favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Those turned out cute! I love snowmen.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such cute projects:) Thanks for inspiring me to get a jump-start on creating for Christmas! HUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Very cute ideas Judy. Quick for gift giving and to have on hand. Thanks for sharing. cm

    ReplyDelete
  15. What great projects, I love the candle holders! And Kudos to you for getting a jump on the season!

    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  16. aahh, these are so cute, Judy. I love snowmen at Christmas time. I look forward to seeing your Christmas projects this month. The girls do craft projects during the holidays, and I'm sure they would love all these ideas as well.

    ~Sheri

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love snowmen...and these are so cute and simple enuf for a goofus like me to make. I am not creative at all until EASY projects come along. Thanks so much.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Simply too too cute and adorable!!! I think I can do them!!! Thank you for sharing your ideas with us!!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Great ideas Judy, I love that ornament.
    Hugs,
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  20. They are all so cute!! I have a soft spot for snowmen...just love them!!
    ~Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  21. Cute ideas!! I like them all but the wine glass snowman is elegant, yet whimsical. Love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hi viewers, I'm posting this Because i found lots of people having marriage problems which I also experienced. I recently found help from a man called Dr. Oselumen he did a great job that made my man fell back in love with me again after ten months of separation. I want you to know there are fake online spell Dr .s if someone out there needs help, can email this great spell caster, droselumen@gmail. com check or connect with him on WhatsApp +2348054265852. He will give you the best result. 
    CONTACT HIM FOR ANY KIND OF HELP,MONEY SPELL,LOTTERY SPELL,PREGNANCY SPELL,DIVORCE SPELL,SPELL TO STOP COURT CASE AND WIN ANY COURT PROBLEM,DEATH SPELL,BUSINESS SPELL,HEALING SPELL,SPELL TO REMOVE BLACK MAGIC OUT FROM YOUR LIFE,FAMILY AND MARRIAGE PROBLEM.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...