Monday, November 26, 2012

Vintage Book Page Christmas Tree

 
 
This is a Christmas tree I made last year out of vintage book pages.  It was really simple but very time consuming.
 
Start with a styrofoam cone - a size of your choice - and start cutting out squares of vintage book pages.  I used squares about 1 1/2".  Starting at the bottom, scrunch the square up in the middle and put a straight pin thru the center.  I dip the pin point in white glue and insert in the cone.  Go around the bottom and work your way up.
 
When you get finished, check it over to see if you have any bare spots.  If so, just add another square and work it in.
 
When I finished, it needed something on the top. So, I went to HL and found this topper in the miniature section.  I covered it with the book pages.  You must cut the pieces very SMALL and use Mod Podge and gently work the pieces down until it is all smooth. 
 
These would be so cute if you made several in different sizes and made an arrangement.
 
NOTE:  The very, very old book pages are really brittle.  You are much better off using a newer "old" book.  You can tell immediately because it will break when you scrunch it.
 
Enjoy!!
 
Till next time, Judy
 


10 comments:

  1. Judy this is really lovely. I don't think I have the patience to do this!
    hugs, Linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. What wonderful project! Well worth the effort, I say. Just lovely. Ann

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks amazing! I wonder if you could use fabric...hum...

    You are so talented!

    Cheery wave!

    Bev

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can see how this could take forever, buy my goodness is it beautiful! You are such the clever one Judy, I always love seeing what you have created :)
    xo, Andrea

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your tree is really beautiful, and I can see that it would be time-consuming, but definitely worth the effort.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This tree is beautiful, it will be an heirloom someday. I'd keep it displayed year round.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is so gorgeous! Paper projects can be time consuming, but I think this was a project well worth the time!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Whoa! This is a really nice idea. I am definitely going to suggest it to the team that’s going to decorate the Christmas venues in Los Angeles. This is certainly a unique style and if you can get colored papers, that’d also look beautiful. Happy holidays!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...