Tuesday, August 27, 2013

My Clock Project

 
 I had fun today creating this darling clock in this soft, sky blue color.  I use that color as an accent in my living room and had seen ones similar to this on Pinterest.  So, I decided to make myself one.
 
 
This is what I started with - I found this at Ross for $9.99.
 
 
I painted it with sky blue acrylic paint and had to give it a good two coats.  Notice the paint on the glass front of the clock?  No worry!  When you are finished painting, just take an Xacto knife and scrape it off.  Really easy.
 
 
Then I cut these flowers out of a page of scrapbook paper and used Mod Podge to adhere them.  Notice that I took the pattern over the side.
 
 
I also added a few flowers on the top.
 
 
I hot glued a couple of three dimensional pink flowers to the bottom front and one on the top.  Also a leaf.  I found these in the bridal department of Michaels.
 
 
I put it on a pretty lace covered table with the book page wreath behind it.  In front I added a small cupcake stand in the same color and a vintage salt shaker in the sky blue with pink roses.
 
It really was simple - try it!!
 
Enjoy!
 
Till next time, Judy
 
 
 

22 comments:

  1. Judy, I love your whimsical clock project. Such a good idea! The floral paper is just perfect! Thanks for sharing! Thanks for always stopping by with your sweet comments too!

    Hugs,
    Jody

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun project! I think any color scheme would work!
    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a cute idea - Thanks for sharing it with us. I need to show it to my daughter as she just spray painted a lamp about that same color for one of the children's rooms.
    Enjoy your evening.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks great Judy! Love the colours!

    Cheryl @ The Creative Me and My McG

    ReplyDelete
  5. Judy,
    This is so sweet. I love it. Our Ross by us I can never find cute things like that clock.
    Kris

    ReplyDelete
  6. Judy,
    This is so sweet. I love it. Our Ross by us I can never find cute things like that clock.
    Kris

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a sweet blue and I love the decoupage! Fun project!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's just darling now. Great way to add your own style to it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your little alarm clock is adorable. I especially love its lovely blue color. The flowers and leaf were the perfect touches.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Judy, this is so sweet and pretty. What a great idea. You really did a great job on it. I would like to try one for my guest room. If I ever get to it I will shout your praises to the rooftops!!Happy Tuesday..Judy

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh, Judy! This is darling! I love what you've done to this little clock! Thanks for popping in to see my dolls.
    Be a sweetie,
    Shelia ;)

    ReplyDelete
  12. That is just a darling clock and your nakeover of it is fantastic, I love it- xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  13. Judy,

    I love this. Thanks for sharing how to do this!

    Claudia

    ReplyDelete
  14. Judy; You always make the most Beautiful things!!!!
    I would Love to turn this Clock off, if it were my alarm clock. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a great idea! I just love not only the clock but the cute, cute vignette you made! Adorable!!
    Fondly,
    Ann

    ReplyDelete
  16. Judy, that clock is soooo CUTE!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. You gave the little clock such a pretty shabby chic look. I love it Judy!

    ReplyDelete
  18. OK, Judy, that is the cutest thing ever! I would've never dreamed you could alter a clock. Did you use Mod Podge on the glass, too?

    ReplyDelete
  19. You cleaver girl ~ that clock is adorable!

    Big Texas Hugs,
    Susan and Bentley

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love this little clock, it's so pretty! Love the vintage face and that gorgeous shade of blue and the sweet flowers you've used. I've been looking in your shop and you have made so many lovely things, Judy!
    Hope you have a great weekend.
    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  21. Judy, haha, wanna know something absolutely hilarious?????????????

    I bought a little French clock like this - try about $38 (blush) and it was a french blue and my daughter painted it rustic brown for me.

    Dang, we shoulda just traded lol.

    Well, I love your clock and am very happy it works in your space better for you. : - ) Well done.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...