Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Let's Make Some Fabric Tassels!

 
Let's make some fabric tassels, OK?  I think these are fun to make, can be made out of any fabric and are so cute hanging on door knobs and/or cabinet knobs.  So, let's get started.
 
 
You will need:
 
Scissors
Cotton Fabric
Ruler
Hot Glue Gun
 
To start off, tear - it's very important that you tear and not neatly cut these strips - your fabric strips.  I tear mine 3/4" wide x the width of the fabric - normally 45".  You want to cut  six strips. You will use five for the tassel and the extra one for the hanger and to tie off your tassel.
 
Then you will cut the strips in two - which means you'll have five strips 3/4" x 22.5".
 
 
 
Fold the strips in half and take your extra strip and knot at the top.  This will be your hanger.
 
 
Go down 1 1/2" from the top and wrap tightly with your extra strip.  When you get this wrapped, hot glue it.
 
At this point, you will want to trim up your bottom of your tassel in case you have any strips that are way too long.
 
 
You can see in this photo, I made one of mine a tad smaller.  Just trim them to the length you want.
 
These are fun to make in any color you want, very little fabric is required and they are super quick.
 
So, go make yourself some tassels.
 
Enjoy!
 
Judy
 
 
 
 
 

15 comments:

  1. How cute are they? Thanks for stopping by. It is very strange that you did and I will email you why. I don't believe in coincidence.
    I'll have to make some of those tassels...it would sure brighten up an otherwise bland area. Great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need to set the grandkids doing this for their rooms. They would have a ball doing it as long as I did the hot gluing! Very sweet idea, Judy- xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  3. I need to set the grandkids doing this for their rooms. They would have a ball doing it as long as I did the hot gluing! Very sweet idea, Judy- xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love tassels and have wanted to make some for a long time. Thanks for the tutorial Judy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very cute! I've also seen these (longer ones) strung together to make a unique valance-love it! :)
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those are so cute and would look pretty at the ends of a banner. Sweet hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I did a banner with scraps of fabric a few months ago. I really like the idea.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great idea for the tassels!

    Thank you so much for your sweet comments on my blog, off to follow you, too!

    ~Shanon

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very nice. I think I would probably add just a bit of lace, only because I love lace. Now where to hang them so that my Mister won't get tangled in them! LoL

    Grace & Peace.

    ReplyDelete
  10. OH SO cute:) Thanks for sharing this idea with me! Enjoy your day dear friend, HUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love those! I've been meaning to make some tassels. Have you seen the ones with an old salt or pepper shaker (I've got dog ones saved to use). You drill a hole in the top and thread the tassel through the bottom hole and up through the hole you drill and tie it off. They are really cute. Thanks for sharing! XO

    ReplyDelete
  12. Cute, cute! Red white and blue for the 4th would be nice.

    ReplyDelete
  13. How fun!

    I have seen these, but never knew how to make them.

    Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  14. My kitties would LOOOOOOOOOOOOVE these!!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...