Sunday, July 20, 2014

A Few Days Away!

 
John and I decided to take a short trip and we went to Branson, Missouri.  If you've never been there, it is a wonderful place to visit.  They have so many different kinds of entertainment that you would surely find something you liked.
 
 
We always go to see this group - the Haygoods.  We've seen them about 6-7 times and each time the show is as good or better than before.  This is a family of five brothers and one sister who put on an amazing show.  They've been entertaining for over 20 years starting at Silver Dollar City.  Now they perform in one of the big theatres on the Strip and last year were named the "Entertainers of the Year" in Branson.
 
They play over 20 different instruments and their show is always a clean and enjoyable show.
 
Jonah
 
 
If you are ever in Branson, you must see whatever show is going on at the Sight and Sound Theatre.  This year it is Jonah
 
The sets for Jonah are extraordinary and include a 50 foot ship that weighs over 30,000 tons.
 
 
Sight and Sound productions are known for including animal cast members and Jonah features 30 live animals including sheep, highlander cattle, camels, alpacas, horses, llamas, a sheep dog, birds, zebus and miniature donkeys.
 
This show carries you over land and sea, across deserts, into royal palaces and deep within the belly of a big fish.
 
The Titanic
 
There is a $1 million exact replica of the Grand Staircase in the exhibit of the Titanic.  You can touch an iceberg, steer the ship, receive a boarding pass and see over 400 artifacts.
 
So, there is definitely something for everyone.  We were blessed with the most perfect weather.  It was in the 70's during the days we were there.
 
There are tons of fantastic places to eat.  And we did eat!!
 
There are malls, outlets and craft stores galore.  One of the most fantastic fabric shops is in Branson.  And yes, I did go there!
 
We stopped on our way home in Joplin at one of my favorite Antique stores and shopped.  Well, I shopped and John sat!
 
My flowers went beserk while I was gone.  That Sweet Potato Vine has just grown and grown and so have the Petunias.  There was rain here while we were gone so I'm sure that helped the plants out greatly.
 
Bella was not a happy camper while we were gone.  Tiffany tried to take care of her, but she just wasn't going to be a happy dog.  So, we'll probably take her with us next time.
 
John made the trip just great and we had a wonderful time.  I am determined to get the most out of life with him by my side.  Life can change so quickly!
 
Enjoy!
 
Judy
 
 
 
 
 

19 comments:

  1. Judy, It's a wonderful thing that you and John enjoyed a lovely time in Branson. I think couples need to make time for each other. Glad you had a fun time. Blessings, xoxo,Susie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a fun trip for both of you. Yes - rain water is better for the plants than out of a hose.
    Enjoy your evening.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome Home. Its always amazing to arrive home and the garden looks so lush and bright. Glad you had a wonderful time. Say Hi to John from me.
    Hugs.
    Joy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sound like you had a great time. It has been 16 years since I've been to Branson...but I hope to get back there again someday.
    ~Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Welcome back such a great time by the sounds of it, Blessings Francine.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So happy that you had a great time! Can't think of anyone who deserves it more! XO

    ReplyDelete
  7. So glad you and John were able to get away, Judy! Sounds like you had a relaxing and fun time, my friend.

    xo
    Claudia

    ReplyDelete
  8. I haven't had the pleasure of a trip to Branson yet, but sounds like such fun. Would love to see it in the fall. It's wonderful news that you and John had such a pleasant trip!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love Branson and enjoyed reading about your trip there. So glad you and your hubby had a nice visit!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am so thrilled that John enjoyed himself! And you too!
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  11. Good for you, having fun and loving it! Sorry the pup wasn't happy but next time just take her with you:) Enjoy your week dear friend, BIG HUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I've never been to Branson, but always hear great things about it. It is good to get away, and it's also good to get home. That Titanic sounds wonderful and your sweet potato vine looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Judy, I am so glad you and John had a fun time. I agree, take all the trips and have all the fun while you can! I'm glad he did well. Love the sweet potato vine!
    hugs,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm so glad that you and John had a chance to escape to Branson for a few days. I've never been there. Sounds like you had a lot of fun!

    ReplyDelete
  15. So thankful that you had a safe and very enjoyable trip! We are going on vacation in a couple of weeks. 1st one in over 7 years!!!!
    Enjoy every day with our love ones is the best gift we can give them and ourselves. I told hubby that I didn't care if we left the condo all week. I just wanted to enjoy ourselves, walking on the beach, taking the fur kids to the beach in the early morning and after 5 or 6 in the evening. Planning on taking several books to read. Our daughter and her two fur babies are going too, and maybe one of her friends, so we should have a great time!!!
    Thank you for sharing with us
    !
    God Bless and have a great week!
    Hugs,
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  16. It sounds like you had a world of fun in Branson!
    I spent a lot of time there when my children were small.

    ReplyDelete
  17. What fun! I've heard so many wonderful things about visiting Branson, would love to go sometime.
    Blessings,
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  18. Sounds like a wonderful time, and nice to see a few shows good for you for making the time to get there.

    Was the Titanic the traveling show that went to all of the museums?

    Jen

    ReplyDelete
  19. This is the first thing I've ever read that convinced me I want to go to Branson!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...