Thursday, April 23, 2015

Day 2 of My Fun Trip


OK, here is the second part of my excursion last week in Missouri.

The plastic shoe box is full of old buttons!!  Several beautiful doilies and embroidered pieces.


Love this sweet little basket marked Japan.


This gorgeous little box with lid has a compartmental inside.  Isn't that cute?


A cute little Japanese pitcher.


Don't know what this is but it is so pretty.  It has a cork in the bottom so my first thought was s&p shaker but the holes are on the side and are huge.

Any ideas??


Some silver pieces and beautiful blue ones.


Love this little box with lid and the windmill on top.

So, there is still more to come in the next few days.  When the rain moved in Neosha, we went to Joplin to one of my all-time favorite places to shop - Rangeline Antique Mall.  Those people are the sweetest and most accomodating clerks I have ever met.  I have never gotten home with anything broken.  They take such care to make sure everything is wrapped properly.  So, if you are ever in the area, be sure and stop by.

They are located at 3421 Range Line Road in Joplin.

Tomorrow will be my 500th post.  I am so thrilled that so many of you have become such treasured friends.  I can never repay your friendship and prayers during the last few years.  Just know that your friendship is highly treasured.

To celebrate, tomorrow ONLY all comments will be entered into a giveaway for a surprise. 


If you loved my Miss Begonia, you will love the giveaway tomorrow.  I promise!!

See ya tomorrow!

Enjoy!

Judy








17 comments:

  1. I wonder if the thing with holes is to hold pot pourri? I think you would fill it from the corked bottom and the smell would come through the holes. Very pretty finds this week, japanese blue china jug is very sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Judy, my first guess in the shaker would be vanity powder shaker or (less likely) a muffineer (sugar shaker). I say less likely because their holes are usually on top. I love Miss Begonia.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My first thought on the shaker thing was for potpourri, too...very unusual. Wonderful finds...I love the blue bird pitcher. Congratulations on your blogging milestone, Judy! Your Miss Begonia is one of my most favorite projects I have ever seen on the blogs...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy 500 Judy!! I have only been reading your blog for a short time but I love to see all your treasures and your sweet crafts. I am working on a cross stitch birth sampler for my new granddaughter who will be born around May 12th. I am so excited. My birthday is the 17th so I am hoping we can celebrate future bds together.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Isn't it something how, before you know it, the time has gone by. I remember when you were new to blogging. I used to harass you about writing a book with all your projects and tutorials. i still think it's a good idea..... Love reading your blog and getting to know you! Your friendship means the world to me! XO

    ReplyDelete
  6. The little Japanese pitcher is so pretty. I love unique things! I have to go to the dentist tomorrow. I hope I feel like being online! I don't want to miss the fun! Sweet hugs, Diane

    ReplyDelete
  7. Judy, I love the blue bird pitcher so much. All great finds and the little shaker might be for powder? Oh Miss Begonia is gorgeous so that's a fun hint for tomorrow. 500 posts...what a great milestone!
    hugs,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think that shaker is one of those for potpourri like they had back in the 70's maybe? I have one from Pfaltzgraf that is very similar and that is what it is for...other than that- I don't know....and Miss Begonia is SO beautiful that just looking at her give me the vapors! lol Have a great night- you did very good on your trip!!!! xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, that Miss Begonia is a treasure! What a fun trip. I've heard great things about Joplin. Maybe someday I'll get there. Great scores, Judy!

    Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy 500th post!!! I love your maniquin...I have a small one that I decorated after seeing yours several months away.
    hugs,
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  11. More goodies on your outing :) Happy 500th post...I'll check back tomorrow.
    warmly,
    deb

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hello. Your Miss Begonia is stunning (I love lace!) I think a couple of your commenters are correct and the mystery item is for potpourri. At least, that was the first thing I thought of when I saw it. Blessings

    ReplyDelete
  13. The thingy might be an incense burner from the 70s. Love all of your wonderful finds. XO Laura

    ReplyDelete
  14. I agree, an incense burner, the type you put the stick's in. Today is a good day , your 500th post and my 50th birthday.Wait, I'm not so sure mine's that great. Lol Congratulation's Judy , I enjoy each and everyone. TT

    ReplyDelete
  15. You have many lovely finds there! Congrats on your 500th post! :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. You have many lovely finds there! Congrats on your 500th post! :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love all your treasures! (and a little jealous :) !)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...