Monday, May 11, 2015

A "C" to go with my Wreath!


This was a fun, fast and fairly inexpensive project!

Do you remember my wreath I made last year with the flowerpots and succulents?


Well, I decided this would be a good mate to go on the front porch wall across from this wreath.  Now, remember, the wreath was a project I saw on Pinterest several times.  It was not an easy project.  Each pot had to be wired on and it took an amazing amount of time.

But, I loved the results.


I got this large C wooden letter from JoAnn's.  It was $11.95 but of course, I had a coupon.


Then, I went to Michaels and they had these little succulent artificial plants on sale for $1.00/each.  I also picked up a small foilage bush on sale for $1.99.


I had moss at home already.  I just started in adding the moss down in the recessed area of the wooden letter.  Then I added a few springs of the foilage.  And last, but not least, I added the succulents.  I cut the stems completely off so that I could put hot glue on the bottom and wedge it down into the moss.

Ta Da!!

I hope you enjoy this project.

Judy

PS  Thanks for all of the sweet comments about the precious grandchildren!





23 comments:

  1. LOVE your "C" wreath!! I think I should make one! Thanks for a great idea!
    warmly,
    deb

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your wreath!!. The faux succulents would work for me, as I always manage to kill the real ones.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really love how the C turned out and I didn't realize they were faux's until you said so. Great look!
    hugs,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fun project, Judy! I thought the succulents were real, too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think this turned out great! I was surprised when I read they were fake! They look real!

    ReplyDelete
  6. They will make a great pair hanging together!! Lovely idea! xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a pretty idea for Spring. I wish I had one to put seashells in it. Enjoy your week sweet friend. Hugs, Diane

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOVE the way it turned out..
    I also love the flower pot one too.
    I bet your door looks fabulous!!!
    I make mine too but not so fancy
    Xo Marissa

    ReplyDelete
  9. Both wreaths are gorgeous...and so is your photo-heading, which I saw today for the first time. I have been getting your subscribed blogs for some time and they don't come with your heading (and there is no place for 'comments' listed there either). Today I decided to offer a comment so I went to your website and low and behold, here was this beautiful heading!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I honestly thought these were real until you said you got them from the dollar store. What a great deal and a great idea. I love that there is no watering or worry that they will die. Beautiful project!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Adorable!!! Hope you don't mind me copying with and S!

    ReplyDelete
  12. SO CUTE!! I am also a C, so I might have to copy :) Enjoy, Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such a great idea....you put wreaths and other decorations together so beautifully, Judy!
    Happy week!
    Helen xox

    ReplyDelete

  14. A perfect project for your book! I'm just sayin! Glad you didn't float away in the storms. Guess we have a couple more coming up! Stay safe! XO

    ReplyDelete
  15. That's cute Judy, and so very creative...I was wondering how on earth you would get the plants to grow in the box, until I saw the pic and realized that they were artificial. But they look so real...this is really a great idea.

    Jen

    ReplyDelete
  16. How pretty! I thought the succulents were real.

    ReplyDelete
  17. It looks amazing! I had never seen something like that and I love the idea!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi Judy! Oh, this looks wonderful! You are so very creative and I thought you had used real plants when I first saw the snap! Thanks for popping in and I know you're keeping yourself a been gal! :)
    Be a sweetie,
    Shelia ;)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...