Monday, October 12, 2015

Christmas Every Monday


Today's projects start with a box made for gift cards.  This is a match box (from Dollar Tree).  This is the large one - if you are into tiny, tiny, you can get the package of little ones.

I covered the box with brown scrapbook paper and added any embellishments that I had on hand.  The candy canes are from Michaels.  Just decorate it as much or as little as you want.


I used craft thick glue combined with the runner glue found in the scrapbook section of any store.


On the inside of the box, add a background paper and a gingerbread man made out of brown paper.  Add white squiggles with acrylic paint.


Slide the bottom back into the box and add a gift card.  This is so much cuter than an envelope.


This ornament is made from a large red ornament from Dollar Tree.  


First add a white band from the top around to the other side.  Then add the black felt belt.


I used some gold tinsel that I already had for the belt buckle.  Add three white buttons and a sprig of holly with berries at the top.  These would make really cute gifts for teachers.


Lastly this week is a bird cut out of heavy musical note scrapbook paper.  I free handed the bird and cut out both pieces at one time.  When you glue them together, add a hanger of twine.  Then add a small doily folded in half.

Enjoy!

Judy








29 comments:

  1. Cute ideas! I love the bird ornament!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute!

    After carpal tunnel surgery and continuing arthritis in my right hand, I have not done any crafts. I miss it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I cannot get over how cute the little bird with doily is!!!! Great ideas to make!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great ideas. I really love the music ornament-I have so much sheet music laying around, I've got to make some of these!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love both ornaments!! I put birds on my Christmas...so I need make some of these for my tree this year.
    ~Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are all so cute...but I must say that the sweet little bird is my favorite :-) Happy Monday Judy.

    Hugs,
    ❤️Ana

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's such a fun time to craft and sew! I love that little bird and when I think of you and the holidays...I think of your sweet jars with little Christmas trees inside! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lots of cute ideas - thanks for sharing them with us.
    I have not done any type craft in a long time. I should get busy. :/
    Enjoy your evening.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Judy- Those are ALL such cute ideas. I love your crafts...they are easy to do, fun and look so cute! xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  10. So darned cute! Great job. Susan

    ReplyDelete
  11. All great projects, Judy. The matchbox gift box is a great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you so much for the great projects - they are all great.
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Judy, such cute ideas for Christmas. Love all these and I actually created some similar birds but cut from wood with scrapbook paper wings. Thanks for sharing. Have a great week. cm

    ReplyDelete
  14. CUTE ideas dear friend! Love thinking about Christmas:) Have a blessed day, HUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Judy, these are absolutely adorable Christmas craft ideas! Especially love the Santa ball!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Aren't they the cutest ever? I know you must have had so much fun making these cuties.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Judy these are adorable projects. - You are a "crafty" lady for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Very sweet. I love the bird ornament! xoxo Su

    ReplyDelete
  19. Very sweet. I love the bird ornament! xoxo Su

    ReplyDelete
  20. That matchbox idea is so clever! Thanks for sharing! Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  21. That matchbox idea is so clever! Thanks for sharing! Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  22. HI Judy! Oh, these are just so cute and thank you for showing them to us.
    be a sweetie,
    Shelia :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Love these, Judy---you are so crafty, but that's no surprise!

    Hope all is well with you...are you getting ready for Halloween? I bet those little kiddo's of yours are looking for some spooky decorations from you! :)

    Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  24. Those are the cutest ornaments! You can make just about anything I think. The little box with the gingerbread that slides out is so creative.

    ReplyDelete
  25. These are some fun little projects, Judy! I especially love the bird and may even make a few of those for my musical, white/ivory tree! Thanks for sharing these, looking forward to next Monday! Blessings, Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  26. Love these....especially love the bird..:)
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...