Thursday, December 17, 2015

Lighting, Colors and a New Piece




Most of the lighting fixtures in my new home are quite old.  The majority of them will be replaced.  However, the "stained glass" beauty is at Home Depot for well over $100.?????


Most of them are just not my style.  So, I am on the lookout for new lighting fixtures.


This room will become my workroom and the girls' playroom.  I'm leaving the tile floor so I can paint, etc. in there.


There is a really nice commercially made Roman blind in this room.  I am going to completely recover it.


This is the fabric I will use and the colors I'm using in that room.


Have you ever tried to put one of those desks together from Office Depot?  There were two huge boxes and thousands of pieces and screws.  (Well, maybe not thousands, but alot.)  This will be an ongoing project for a few weeks.  I can hardly read the tiny instructions let alone put them together.  Tiffany is doing an amazing job.

Bless her heart!


Was in Lowe's this week and they had the gorgeous screen doors on sale for the screened in porch.  I decided since they were on sale, I should get one to fit the back door on the new house.  I got the last one they had in the size I needed.  YEA!


The painting is all done and was well worth hiring the painter.  He did an amazing job and was done in five days.  I love the crisp white trim.


Cannot wait to show you the ingenious idea I came up with for the curly-que trim in the kitchen.  


The aqua tile in the Master Bed Room and the Dressing Room is leaving this Friday.  The carpet will be laid then.  I was just afraid the tile would be too cold.  Also, concerned about Bella slipping on it when she jumped into bed.


Had this gorgeous vintage piece delivered today.  I just love it.  It will go into the MBR but couldn't go there today because of the carpet going in on Friday.  Now, I just hope I can find some strong people to help me move the big piece.  It's really pretty tho.

So, there you have the most recent update on what's going on.  It's just an every day at a time process.  Hopefully, after the carpet is laid and now that the painting is done, I can start moving in some of the larger furniture.  Can't wait.

Enjoy and thanks for all of the sweet comments on this crazy venture of mine!

Judy






19 comments:

  1. You certainly have taken on a big project, but your ideas sound great. The painting looks good and I'm sure you'll be happy when the carpet is installed. Good luck and keep us posted!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the bird fabric. Everything sounds so exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is an exciting project! I know it will be so much fun to watch you decorate.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are having a great time re-doing your new home.. I kinda wish I could start over. LOVE the screen door! I think I need two of those four our old farmhouse!
    ****************************************
    *M*E*R*R*Y* * *C*H*R*I*S*T*M*A*S*!*
    ****************************************
    ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy the painting is done, looks great. So many projects !!! Looking forward to seeing your progress over the next xxx months. Hugs.
    Joy

    ReplyDelete
  6. It is looking so good! A LOT of work just before Christmas! I like carpet in the bedroom, makes it cozy.
    Merry Christmas,
    deb

    ReplyDelete
  7. A job well done. The painting looks wonderful and I adore that vintage hutch.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Everything is looking so good and cheerful.

    Love your new/old piece of furniture. Really pretty.

    Have a Happy Christmas ~ FlowerLady

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awesome changes in your new home! LOVE that beautiful vintage piece:) Can't wait to see where it ends up:) Have a blessed day and don't work too hard! HUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the new piece, Judy. Gorgeous! I'm with you on the desk, we're just about to put my new desk together. Dreading it!

    xo
    Claudia

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Judy
    Do you have a Habitat for Humanity Restore anywhere near you? We are blessed with 4 within short drive distance. We get so many great items at fabulous prices. An example: They had (used) storm door with retracting screen for $50. Sells new at Menards for over $250 on sale. Plus we got a 105 senior discount.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love seeing all the changes you are making. The armoire is really pretty. Can't wait to see it in it's new place.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Judy, You are really moving along. Love the new painted walls against the white trim. Gorgeous armoire!! I bet the carpet guys will move it for you after they install the new rug. Won't hurt to ask!! Have a great weekend. xo

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thank you for letting us follow along! Love the new armoire; may I ask where you ordered it from? The painter did a fab job, love it. Good luck with the desk. Can't wait to see more!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow, the painter did a great job. That makes such a difference!!! You know, I sort of like that curly-que on the cabinets. It's unique:)

    ReplyDelete
  16. The painters did do a wonderful job Judy. It looks so pretty and fresh. Love the white trim too. Everything is beginning to look so awesome. Merry Christmas. Enjoy the next week leading up to the big day.
    Kris

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love how things are coming together for you! Can't wait to see what you do with the trim in the kitchen.

    Merry Christmas wishes!

    ReplyDelete
  18. You are one busy lady! so many good things going on!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Goodness...you just finished one house and now doing another...I love that huge room...and the new cabinet is beautiful...you must be having the time of your life...
    Merry Christmas...and don't work too hard.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...