Monday, October 24, 2016

Christmas Every Monday (Late)


Sorry this is late on Monday, but it still is Monday at least!  LOL  I've been having some trouble loading photos from files onto the blog.  So, am using some things today that are simple to make without much instruction.

The first is this Christmas tree made out of old and various mouldings.  There is a vertical board with various colors and sizes of moulding nailed to it.  I then painted the different layers in various colors including the pale aqua so that I could use it in my house.  When you get all of the pieces nailed on, draw a pencil line from the top to the outside and cut off excess to make the tree shape.  Cut them in angles at each piece.


Secondly, is this darling snowman which I have had for many, many years.  He is made out of two same size glass fish bowls.  The eyes, nose, mouth and buttons are all cut out of felt and glued on.  The ear muffs are large pom poms purchased that size.  The top hat was made out of cardboard and trimmed with some Christmas greenery.

When you get him all finished, fill him with cotton balls, fake snow and or packing styrofoam so he looks like a real snowman.

Enjoy these two simple projects.

Judy


15 comments:

  1. Hi Judy, what clever crafts. I really like the strips of wood. Blessings to you, hope you are doing well. xoxo, Susie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I went to Habitat for Humanity and they have huge bins of all different kinds of moulding. It is so cheap but a lot of it is smaller pieces which worked great for this project.

      Judy

      Delete
  2. Both cute ideas, Judy. I love the tree with moldings and I have NEVER seen the snowman before. What a cute idea! xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Diana - I have had that snowman for about 25 years. But, he never gets old. Thanks for visiting.

      Judy

      Delete
  3. Always love your crafty ideas Judy. These are lovely makes for Christmas!
    Helen xox

    ReplyDelete
  4. So cute! I just love the Christmas tree. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Stacey! I got all of those various kinds of moulding at Habitat for Humanity for almost nothing. Fun project.

      Judy

      Delete
  5. Love the tree!!! Enjoying your ideas, Thanks!
    warmly,
    deb

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great ideas Judy. Love the different moldings for a Christmas tree. Super sweet snowman.
    Happy Week.
    Kris

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Judy, I love that tree . . . so charming :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...