Sunday, October 7, 2018

Saturday Treasures and a Sneak Peek


Went to some Estate Sales over the last week and found some goodies!!  Found these big red tassels which I think will be fun to decorate with for Christmas.  Also a bunch of red crocheted potholders, a patchwork quilt Santa and some Mercury glass pieces.


Here's a close up of the quilt Santa.  Isn't he cute?


A couple of pieces of brown transferware plus


a set of salt and pepper shakers.


A really pretty partial set of blue and white dishes.  They are by Arzberg which I am not familiar with.  There was 2 eggcups, creamer and sugar, large bowl, covered dish (Butter dish???), 2 small plates and one large plate.  I thought they would be pretty mixed in with some of my other blue and white dishes.  It was called a "Breakfast Set" - apparently only one person got coffee and got to eat with a big plate!  LOL


Love this blue and white pitcher.

And now to the sneak peek.  I made Tiffany's bouquet from antique and not so antique brooches.  We had collected them for years before she ever got engaged because that's what she wanted "some day".


It was large and a little on the heavy side.  She used all white hydrangeas for the wedding along with silver and black.  



The underneath side was wrapped in satin ribbon and silver rhinestones for the handle.  There was a charm with John's picture on it.

Am waiting on the photographers' pictures and will share when we get them.  They were at the venue for 10 hours so there will be alot of pics.  Will let you know as soon as we get them and will try to not overwhelm you with photos. 

It was such a pleasure to be able to help her with all of the wedding planning.  The day was perfect as was the venue.  The venue was two big barns (all new) with a house attached to the reception barn.  We had the venue for three days, so we had plenty of time to decorate and enjoy.  The bridesmaids all stayed the night before the wedding.  The house had room to sleep about 12-14 people.  It had a swimming pool and a hot tub so they are had a really good time.

Thanks for letting me share about the wedding.

Enjoy!

Judy







13 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness that bouquet is just incredible, a keepsake forever.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you JUDY - and what a wonderful bouquet - treasures made into a treasure. Please overwhelm us with photos - what a great venue - pictures if you have them to share. Looking forward to seeing what was created for Tiffany and husband's wedding. John's picture in the Charm on her bouquet, just the best.
    Hugs and Love
    Joy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sweetheart you truly scored. I want to go shopping with you. Love the Santa and those blue dishes, be still by heart :) I have a thing for blue dishes and those are gorgeous.
    Hope that you are having a lovely day.
    Connie :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Judy the bouquet is gorgeous. I can't wait to see photos of the wedding. It sounds fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lots of great finds from the estate sale and OMG that bouquet is AMAZING! I can't wait to see the pics from the wedding. Enjoy your day dear friend, HUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this bouquet! A beautiful "forever" remembrance...just lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love that quilted Santa and the blue and white dishes. Tiffany's bouquet is stunning!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The vintage broach bouquet is stunning.. and I love the little charm with a picture of her dad on her wedding day. How wonderful was that? The venue sounds wonderful too and fun for everyone involved. Memories made there for sure. Oh... and the little vintage quilt santa is darling... I had a couple of vintage quilts from my mom, that she found at some estate sale or other, and had planned to make some little stuffed things.. but think I sold them finally at one of our yard sales as I've been trying to "pare down".... but it seems our house is still stuffed to the gills and my paring down isn't working too well. Take care! Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  9. That bouquet is gorgeous and the barns sound wonderful! You found some great things. Especially love the hot pads!!
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
  10. That may well be the most beautiful bouquet I have EVER seen. Simply stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I like your blog,I sincerely hope that your blog a rapid increase in
    traffic density,which help promote your blog and we hope that your blog is being updated.
    หนัง Animation

    ReplyDelete
  12. Judy, So sorry I almost missed this post entirely. I love that bridal bouquet. So sweet that John's picture is in it too. That touches my heart truly. He was a fine man and you loved him . Blessings to all, xoxo, Susie

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh Judy! I love that quilted Santa!! You find the best things! I love the bouquet it turned out just beautiful. Can't wait to see more photos!!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...