Sunday, March 29, 2020

Spring Is Definitely Here!!


Here in Oklahoma, Spring has arrived.  The Redbud tree is looking gorgeous!  Around the yard, things are popping up everywhere...


Azaleas are blooming like crazy...


Lilies of the Valley are popping up everywhere...



and I'm always amazed at how the Hostas just pop up almost every night!!

Everything is green and looks so wonderful.  I am staying home even tho it is driving me crazy not to get out.  Some days, I just get in my car and drive a few blocks and drive back home.  Call me crazy but it helps me.

I have such an addiction to vintage lace and doilies which is no surprise to you who have followed me a while.

But, let's talk about what all I use it for...


















This piece is lace and hankies that were my Grandmother's (Nana).  The buttons were out of her button box which I inherited when she passed away.  I was blessed with that and her watch (on the piece) and her old treadle sewing machine.  The small frame holds a photo of her and my son when he was about a year old.


Of course, Miss Begonia!!

So, I really do use a lot of it.  Needless to say, I still have a wide variety to use.

Stay in and stay safe.

Enjoy!

Judy
















14 comments:

  1. I have the small lace doily enhanced small pillow you sent me when I had cancer - I treasure it Judy. Hugs. Keep on keeping space, being well. Every day we go for a short drive just to be somewhere else. It helps.
    Love
    Joy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good to hear from you. Hope you are staying safe.

      Delete
  2. Çok güzeller. Benim de bir sürü dantelim vardı kendi ördüğüm. Hediye olarak dağıttım.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Judy. Oh how great you are seeing so much color in Okla. We are getting some buds but no color just yet. I love that little pillow and Easter Bunny all dressed so cute in buttons and lace. I am glad you are home and safe and finding cute projects to keep you busy and your mind happy. I miss my grand girls so much and I know you miss yours. Let's hope if we all follow the rules we will get our normal lives back. Stay safe and well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for dropping by Kris. I am going quite stir crazy but staying in. The little girls call me several times a day to tell me what they are doing. That are loving being at home with Tiffany. Stay safe.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Judy,
    My heart goes out to you out~of~doors persons.
    Your gardens are far ahead of ours, also.
    Me, I'm enjoying the staying at home.
    Spring cleaning is underway in huge helpings!
    Love all your creations using vintage lace!
    The heart and the pillow won my heart!
    Stay home. . .Stay safe. . .keep the post coming.
    Pat

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Pat. Thanks for visiting. Yes, I am enjoying all of the beauty in my yard. Keeps me smiling. Stay safe.

      Delete
  6. I have little green plants popping up too and I am happy to see them. Love the lace pieces and the memories that go along with them, SO pretty! Have a blessed day dear friend, HUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks Theresa. It's nice to look out and see all the green. Stay well and safe.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful ideas, stay safe and well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Meredith. You and your family stay well and safe.

      Delete
  9. How beautiful, I don't know what redbud is? it looks like cherry blossom? very pretty. I saw the first bluebell yesterday but it was in a really dark dense part of the wood so could not photograph it. Hope you are keeping safe.

    ReplyDelete
  10. The redbud is the state tree of Oklahoma. It's always such a beautiful sight in the spring. Thanks for visiting. Stay safe and well.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This post is pure eye candy...and of course, I love Miss Begonia!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...