Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Highchair for Laynee


This is my precious great granddaughter, Laynee.  Isn't she about the cutest thing you have ever seen?  She is almost 15 months old and the joy of our lives.  If you have read the Dedication to Landen, this is his little sister.  So, she is a real blessing to us. 

I decided that she needed a chair for JuJu's house but she really doesn't like high chairs - you know the regular kind with the tray.  At 15 months, she already has a mind of her own.  Don't know where she got that!

I found this youth highchair at a thrift store for $5.00 and instantly knew it was to be for her.  I painted it in bright, cheerful colors because that's what she is to our lives - bright and cheerful.


I cleaned and sanded it down. I then applied Walmart's flat white 99 cent spray paint on it.  Then I sanded it again.



Then I put two coats of craft acrylic paint  on each section. And let dry thoroughly.
 


Then I added all the detail free hand.

I put two to three coats of polyurethane on it. Let dry thoroughly. Now it's ready for Laynee.

Till Next Time, Judy 

16 comments:

  1. Judy, you are so talented! Love this redo of the highchair. What a precious gift to give your granddaughter.

    xo
    Claudia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! That is ADORABLE! You are so talented! Your little great-grandbaby is the cutest ever! Thanks for a fun post!

    Cheery wave from
    Bev

    ReplyDelete
  3. The new chair for Laynee is so cute. You did a fantastic job of decorating it. She can use that cute chair for a few years to come. Then, I'll bet she'll use it for her dolls. What a loving GreatGrandma you are.
    What a precious little girl she is..
    Blessings, Charlotte

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a wonderful chair -- I want one just like it for my grandson to have at Gigi's house. I read your Landon's story -- blessings to you all. Thank you for sharing him with us.

    Blessings!
    Gail

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love it! What a great imagination you have - I know your baby granddaughter is going to love visiting grandmother and sitting in it! so exciting! I've meant to add you to my sidebar reading list but forgot so will go do that right now lest my tired brain forgets again! Love reading your new blog! Mary

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh this is so cute! I've been to your Etsy shop before but found your blog from Claudia! I'm a follower now. Love this very sweet high chair. Aren't Grands the best!! My Grandson Tiger is 16 months old and the love of my life!

    Hugs, Linda

    ReplyDelete
  7. Judy, this is super cute! That green with the white dots is so fresh looking.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Judy - what a beautiful gift from your heart for Laynee. Your time and talent are the most precious gifts you can give your family. J

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, what a sweet project.
    Nice to meet you, Judy!
    Deb@LakeGirlPaints

    ReplyDelete
  10. That little chair is about as adorable as your lovely Laynee. Cute as a button.

    Jen @ Muddy Boot Dreams

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Judy,
    Oh my goodness, how adorable..I wish I could paint but I can not. What talent you have, this will be a keepsake for your sweet Laynee.
    Big Hugs, Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is so sweet for your wee little one! You have revived this darling chair into something so full of whimsy and charm!
    Blessings,
    Carolynn

    ReplyDelete
  13. I read Landen's dedication and Laynee is such a blessing for the family. I'm sure she will treasure this chair to come. I too paint and I read how many coats you put on this fun piece, that took a little dryin time! It's oh so very cute, Judy.

    ReplyDelete
  14. She is adorable! Great job on the chair.
    Thanks for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your granddaughter is just adorable. I love the way you painted that little high chair. You are one talented lady!

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a fun transformation! She is just adorable.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...