Sunday, May 5, 2013

A Simple Pinterest Project




This is a very simple, fun garland to make that I saw in quite a few Pinterest Pins.
 
I am trying to make at least one project a week from my Pinterest Pins.  So, here goes.
 

Cut out petals from yellow cardstock.  Mine measured about 4" in diameter.  You will need two for each daffodil.
 
 
Now, glue the two pieces together staggering the petals.  I took the scissors and curled the petal edges a bit - just like when you curl ribbon.
 
Then glue mini cupcake papers to the center.  I didn't have any yellow ones - just white.  So, I whipped out my handy can of yellow spray paint and misted the papers with it.  The problem there is that the spray blows the lightweight papers away.
 

So, after you gather up all of your daffodil centers from the yard and get them glued down, you'll have something that looks like this.....
 
 
I glued mine to a yellow/white chevron ribbon I already had.  This garland needs to hang straight across because of the weight of the flowers. 
 
Enjoy!
 
Till next time, Judy
 
PS:  By the way, this is not my front door!  It is an old door that I use to take photos on.  Didn't want you to think that my front door was that chippy! LOL
 

16 comments:

  1. So cute.

    I am creating a project board to start on June 10, the first Monday of my retirement. I am finding all those things I pinned on Pinterest that I said I would make/do and I am going to follow through.

    I will check up on you to see what you are doing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so cute, Judy! These would make really sweet party decorations!

    XO,
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is just the cutest garland. The little cupcake papers are perfect for this project. So cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's a cute idea and I like that chippy door! It's nice to have a good background for taking pics!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Judy - I love this. I haven't seen this one on Pinterest but I love it. When I get my headboard done, I want to make some kind of bunting to hang on it. This might just look perfect. J

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cute project and I love that chippy door! Great for photos!!

    hugs, Linda

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy project. Some humour too. Thanks for visiting and leaving comments, you make my day brighter.
    Joy

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a cute spring project!! Thanks for sharing! xo Heather

    ReplyDelete
  9. The perfect spring garland! You mean we're supposed to DO something with the ideas we pin? I've got my work cut out for me. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love this! You are so talented! This project will be great for your book!

    Cheery wave!

    Bev

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love it!! I needed an idea for a summer garland. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Judy, thanks so much for the birthday comment over on my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  13. So sweet. I love everything about this project--the color and the chevron especially.
    Have a great day,
    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  14. that is so cute ... the best garland I have seen. Great Tutorial.
    Blessings,
    Audrey Z. @ Timeless Treasures

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...