Monday, June 3, 2013

Painting Canvas

 
I love painting on stretched canvas.  Simple painting - not oil painted detailed paintings.
 
I had seen this idea many years ago and thought it was so cute.  That's a real starfish glued on.
 
 
This was a knock off of PB I believe.  Susie Harris also painted these and hers are fantastic.  She does really great painted signs.  Go check all of hers out! 
 
 
 
This last one is of my hometown of Tulsa, OK.  I sit down and thought up all of the places that are special to me and Tulsa and this is what I came up with.  It took a while to get all of the wording where I wanted it, but it was worth it.
 
This was a couple of years ago and already a few things have changed. 
 
Enjoy!
 
Till next time, Judy
 
 
 
 
 
 

13 comments:

  1. These are fantastic signs, Judy! The first one is very clever (and would look great at the lake!). What sort of paint did you use? My hubby told me if I put one more sign in the house he would toss it! :(

    XO,
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that very last one and your idea for making it! I should do that..it's a fabulous idea! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! I love them Judy, Twinkle Little Star is so sweet! I love the idea of your town favorites.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Signs signs everywhere lol... I love this little starfish one. too too cute!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, Judy! You could sell these easy.
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  6. Judy, I luv the sign with the starfish! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fun! I saved that image of the typewriter keys a few years ago and I still love it. You did a fabulous job painting your signs!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Judy these signs are wonderful especially love the one with the starfish.
    Hope your well
    Maggie

    ReplyDelete
  9. GREAT sings, Judy! You are very talented and thank you for sharing that talent here with us- xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  10. These are great, Judy. I especially love the starfish sign.
    Hugs,
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  11. LOVE your Tulsa sign! I'm from Tulsa, and this brings back so many happy memories! Great job on all the wording!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. very interesting blog post, good job and thanks for sharing such a good blog. bathroom remodeling in tulsa ok

    ReplyDelete
  13. I very much like your pattern it's beautiful,thank for sharing good i dea !

    ดูหนังออนไลน์

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...