Tuesday, August 8, 2017

What a Week!!


My two sisters and I embarked on a several day trip to Branson, MO last week.

The highlight of the Branson stay was seeing the play "Moses" at the Sight and Sound Theater.  It was magnificent.  If you ever get the chance to see any of these plays, don't miss them.  I have seen Noah, Jonah, Joseph and Moses.  The scenery (can you imagine the parting of the sea scene?) and the actors and all of the live animals are just unforgettable.

We then shopped, ate, slept, shopped, ate and slept again.  Over and over.  We had a great time of fellowship being with each other.

Sunday morning I was awaken with calls from Tulsa saying there had been a tornado within three blocks of my home.  Tiff and several other friends went over and checked everything out and all was fine.  Thanks for all of the calls checking on me.  Bella was home and was rather traumatized but is doing ok now.


This is just a couple of blocks from my house as well as the following photo.  



This is what is left of Panera Bread.  The streets have been blocked off so it is hard to get a close pic.  Ten buildings have been condemned and they announced this morning that 172 business were affected.

God is good and my home and Bella were not affected at all.

Sunday morning we had reservations at the Chrystal Bridges Art Museum in Bentonville, AR to see the Dale Chuhuly glass exhibit.

Here are some of the highlights from there.










This piece weighs over 5000 lbs and has over 13,000 pieces in it.


He has a huge collection of original Indian blankets.

It was a wonderful exhibit.  If you remember, when we went on the Alaskan cruise, we visited his museum in Seattle.  Unbelievable.

So, that's been my week.  Am getting ready to have all new windows put in my house so am having to move alot of furniture and things around.  Don't think it's going to be a fun thing, but a necessity.

Have a great week.

Judy



17 comments:

  1. Judy it's good to hear that all was well at your house. That was a bad tornado! I love the glass exhibits I've seen, so beautiful. What a fun trip.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was wondering how you faired with the tornado. So glad that Bella and your home are okay. Poor Bella, I bet she was scared to death.

    The glass exhibit is amazing - thanks for sharing. Enjoy the rest of your week.

    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great trip you and your two sisters had, so glad you shared pictures and words. Precious time together.

    Tornado weather is scary, happy your home and Bella are ok. Hugs.
    Joy

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a nice week you had! A play and Chihuly glass and all those great Indian blanket! We are also getting new windows installed on Friday. Only 7 to start with, then more later. Ours are old and don't open, I look forward to fresh air next week! ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. So glad the tornado did not hit you.

    I love Chuhuly glass. We have some on permanent display in a local museum.

    Happy August ~ FlowerLady

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fun times! Shopping, eating, sleeping and then repeat sounds like my idea of good times! ;-) So scary about the tornado in Tulsa. Thank God you and Bella are safe. We just had new windows put in our house a few weeks ago. So nice when it's done.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm so thankful that Bella and your house is okay.

    What a great time you and your sisters had! You remind me of my blog friend Peggy of Season to Season, as she and her two sisters delight in just the sort of things you girls do.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I would love to see "Moses"! I will put that on my bucket list:) I am SO thankful that your home and Bella are safe and sad for those not so fortunate:( Have a blessed day, getting new windows sounds exciting! HUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So happy your home was ok with the storms Glad you had a great time on your trip.
    Happy Weekend.
    Kris

    ReplyDelete
  10. These glass decorations look beautiful, with the backlight on the furniture they make an impression.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sounds like a fun trip in spite of that nasty tornado! I love Branson and always enjoy a visit there.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Glad you missed the tornado. The art pieces are lovely. Would love to see "Moses"! Lucky you!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Judy, that is terrible! I'm so glad that you and your home are okay!! The exhibit and the play both sound fantastic. Glad you got to go!
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hope you are doing OK Judy and that your town has been working on the clean up and repairs after the storm.
    Joy

    ReplyDelete
  15. Mother Nature has been rough! So happy you and Bella are ok. My family is in FL. they survived hurricane irma, but no power. be glad when weather wains off some OMGOSH ox.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love Branson and always enjoy a visit there.


    หีฟิต

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...