Friday, July 5, 2019

Hello!



Hello from Oklahoma!

I'm am starting on my fourth month since my shoulder surgery and it has been a long four months.  Everything is going great except for a small set back in the last two weeks.  They said I was "overambitious" with my home therapy.  Consequently, I am on no therapy right now until I have an MRI the 18th.  But, I'm sure it will all be alright.  I am limited as to what I can do with my right arm.  The computer is one thing that really sets off pain in the shoulder.  

Anyway, hopefully I will be back into the blogging world on a more regular basis.


Hoping you all had a happy 4th of July.  I went with Tiffany, Adam and the kids out to Adam's brother's home in the country.  They grilled and the kids all had fun with the fireworks.

Oklahoma weather has been just awful for the past few months.  We had record amounts of rain with lots of flooding - none affecting my or Tiff's home.  But so much damage and destruction was caused.  We went from chilly and wet to record degree heat.  All of the flowers and foliage are so confused!


Painted this shutter a few years ago and still enjoy it.


I always especially enjoy my Coca Cola sign at this time of the year.



Don't know if you remember or not, but I have this obsession with transferware.  I have brown, red and blue.  This is the shelf in my dining room with some of the brown.

Since I was able to drive about a month ago, I have been going to estate sales.  Last week, I went to one and they had this gorgeous set of 179 pieces of brown transferware!!!  I put a bid in on it because I would not have paid what they were asking.  The pattern was Masons Vista.

Imagine my surprise when they called and said I had won the bid.  OMG  I was so thrilled!  Then, I had the sobering thought that I had to call Tiffany and ask her to go with me to get it because I couldn't lift any of it.  She just shakes her head when I do something like that.  So, it was amazing.  About a dozen different pitchers, bowls, platters and place settings for 12.

So, even tho I can't do alot with my arm, I still can shop.  Tiff has kinda grounded me. (just kidding).

So good to have heard from so many of you checking on me.  I'm on the mend (I think)!

Enjoy,

Judy






27 comments:

  1. Hugs and Love to you Judy - good progress, now driving again and then finding Mason Vista Brown Transferware - pitchers and platters included !!!! Mason Vista in one of my favorite china. Keep on getting better and healing. You are the best of blogging friends and I am so very happy you could post today.
    Joy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I definitely thought of you when I saw they were Mason. Good to hear from you
      Special friend!

      Delete
  2. Hi Judy, I have missed you. Hope you get back to healing. I love that you got the dishes. :) I have always liked to see what you decorate with for the holidays. Blessings, xoxo, Susie

    ReplyDelete
  3. judy glad you are on the mend.i envy you i have a small collection of brown transferware would love to run into something like that however no idea where i would put it. keep getting well...........nancy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for dropping by. I seem to always find some place to store it! LOL

      Delete
  4. Hi Judy hope your MRI comes back fine.

    You scored big time. I don't know if you remember a few years ago I too love transferware. My goal is to get more red. I love brown and red.

    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My granddaughter just cringes when she thinks of something happening to me a d her having to get rid of all of my "treasures". LOL Thznks for dropping by.

      Delete
  5. Hello sweet friend. I love the coca cola sign that is awesome. I hope you can rest that shoulder and let it heal more and the MRI will show everything is good. Glad you got to be with Tiff and Adam and the kids and have a fun 4th.
    We are waiting this morning for the movers to arrive and then we will close this chapter on JCC#3 and close on the homes on Monday. Just cannot believe it is here and the journey continues. Happy Weekend. So loved seeing you post today. Miss your posts.
    Love ya,
    Kris

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks sweet friend of mine. I'm planning on good news for the MRI. Take care with the move. Cznt wait to see it get your touch.

      Delete
  6. I'm glad you're improving.. nice of Tiff to help you get your treasures.. what I was hoping you'd tell us is how much you got the dish set for. ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Believe it or not, I got all of it for $100. Some pieces have small chips but probably not over 6 pieces. I was in the right place at the right time. I really didnt think they would take the bid. But.......Thanks for dropping by.

      Delete
  7. I am glad you are healing, Judy, but sorry you over did it. Hope that corrects itself by giving it some rest. Love the shutters and I really love the Coke sign!
    Will be glad to see you posting on a more regular basis- I have missed you- xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks Diana. I have missed posting and am determined to get back in the "groove".

    ReplyDelete
  9. You have been missed, but so glad to hear you are healing, and shopping!! Speedy recovery. I certainly understand how we try to push ourselves too soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's just so hard to do nothing g at all. I've learned to do a lot with my left hand but there are just some things you cant do@

      Delete
  10. lovely to see a post from you but sorry your shoulder is causing you pain and is such a slow recovery. What a brilliant win with the transfer ware! I love your coca cola sign.

    ReplyDelete
  11. So nice to see you pop up on my sidebar! You take it easy and you'll be all better soon! HUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  12. glad to see you back! I would check every so often to see. Glad you are healing! Hope to see more of you soon. can't wait to see a picture of the dishes! pam

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tha is Pam. Will get a pic of the dishes soon.

      Delete
  13. Hope your shoulder continues to heal and the results of your latest test are good. Remember to rest and not do to much. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm planning on good news. The dr said I was overly ambitious". Silly man! LOL. Thanks for dropping by

      Delete
  14. So good to see a blog post from you again, Judy! Overly ambitious with the PT on your shoulder...lol, you can't win, can you? Seems like either not enough or too much. I've had a partial rotator cuff tear but thank God I didn't need surgery; however, went through 9 months of PT. I've heard how painful shoulder surgery is and I know the recovery takes a long time. I hope you get good news from your MRI!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks Melanie for dropping by. I had such a bad year that they had to graft the whole thing back together. So I'm just hoping that nothing has torn loose. Anxious to see if MRI shows anything. I'm thinking positive that I just overdid.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Judy,
    Great News and good progress on the shoulder!
    WoW!
    What a score on the brown transfer ware!
    Take good care of you.
    Pat

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...