Sunday, November 17, 2019

Fall was here and gone!!


Well. I think our Fall has come and gone.  We just didn't have much Fall.  The trees didn't turn and then we had two hard freezes and the leaves are all on the ground.  DRAT!!



The last couple of months have kind of been "downers".  On August 31st, John and I would have celebrated our 51st wedding anniversary.  On our anniversary 11 years ago, we lost our precious Landon.


Then, September 15th would have been John's birthday along with Tiff and Adam's first wedding anniversary.  Then, November 5th was the date John passed away five years ago.  So, lots of memories.  I found a box of "love letters" that John had written to me before we were married and I just sit and read them all in one night.

Don't know if I've ever told you or not, but from our first date - we were married 6 weeks later!!  And they said it would never last!  He was away most of that time starting up a new chemical plant so we had lots of letters.  

They made me smile!


Made this wreath out of old vintage images from Christmas cards.


Isn't this cute?  Got it at a craft show.  It's made out of spools of crochet yarn and ball of yard.  Notice the cute hat made out of a spool of thread.

Speaking of craft shows......

I did my show on November 2nd and it was a good show.  I didn't sell everything but did sell everything I had made Christmas wise.  So, I considered it a success but NEVER AGAIN.  My sister Rita came over for the day and helped.  Tiff and the girls helped me set up and take down.  It was a pleasant experience.


My collection of brown transferware just continues to grow and grow.  I'm about out of room.




My next project for the winter months is doing a slipcover for this loveseat.  It belongs with my LR couch but I'm going to try to slipcover it in a bright floral print for the girls' playroom.  I have a trundle bed in there now but anytime they spend the night they all three sleep with me.  So, I'm going to sell the bed and put this in there so they will have more room to play.l

We are having nice weather right now.  First of last week our chill factor was 6 degrees.  This week it is suppose to be almost 70.  That's Oklahoma for you.

Enjoy!

Judy









18 comments:

  1. love your brown transfer ware.i also collect it however mine is growing very slowly.i did pick up a very large bowel and pitcher in the brown for only $25.00 happy dance not too hard of a dance as i am old

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for visiting. I also have pretty good collections of the red and blue transfer. Just cant help myself. LOL

      Delete
  2. that is a bowl[not a bowel]still in the nurse mode after 5 yrs retired

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Judy,
    Those anniversary dates are always the hardest. Glad you took time and read all your love letters from John.
    I cannot wait to see the slipcover you make for the loveseat. Fall was short here for us in Illinois. I think we are in for a harsh winter with these temps and snow coming so early. Ugh! Have a great start to the new week.
    Hugs,
    Kris

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kris for dropping by. All of those things just are so close together. I'm ok now that they are over - until next year!

      Delete
  4. Wow! You and John knew right away that you should be married - 6 weeks! So nice for you to remember all of the happy times you had together and the love you shared.
    We are zooming to the holidays - I cannot believe how quickly this year has flown by. That snowman is so cute - I am always amazed at the creative ideas people think up! Thanks for posting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ellen for dropping by to visit. I just fell in love with the snowman also.

      Delete
  5. Fall lasted about a day it seems here too, hehe... now it is gone. Lots of memories roaming around in my November also. I know you treasure your years with John and will miss him forever. Memories, how they linger... good and bad. Sending HUGS your way my friend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Theresa. Thanks for visiting. Yes. I have 47 years of precious memories to cherish.

      Delete
  6. Anniversary dates are always so hard...but so many good memories. I absolutely love that vintage Christmas cards wreath!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Valerie! Thanks for visiting. Yes. Anniversary dates are hard but am grateful for the 47 years we had together. Lots of precious memories.

      Delete
  7. Dear Judy,
    My heart goes out to you as the memories of John and Landon flood over you. . .
    Give your time to grieve through the pain and hold their memory close to your heart.
    Love the wreath made from vintage Christmas greeting cards!
    But, that SNOWman. . .he stole my heart!
    I agree. . .after we closed our 'Bits 'n Pieces' business. . .
    I was relieved! If you've never done it you don't realize the work involved.
    Oh, the grand girls are going to be thrilled with the love seat!
    Blessing upon you, friend!
    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fall is a rough time for me, too with all the anniversary dates...Phil, my dad, my grandpa, and my MIL all passed away in Sept and Oct. Phil was also hospitalized at one time in Oct and that short amount of time still leaves lingering, rather traumatic memories. So, I totally understand where you're coming from with all those "special" dates. I hope that by going through all the love letters that John wrote to you, that they were of some comfort to you. Six weeks after you met you got married...wow! That's incredible.

    Love the wreath you made with the Christmas cards as well as the cute snowman you got at the craft show. I know from my mom and friends doing craft shows in the past, how much hard work it is and you don't make much money. Good for you for at least trying and hopefully having some fun!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Prayers to you during your rough times. It just catches up with you at the most odd times. Hope you have a great Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hello Judy, just dropping by to say hello. I check your blog every day and use your "blog list" to see what other bloggers have new posts. That list has been so helpful for finding good blogs to read. Thanks and Happy New Year! Ellen

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Judy, haven't heard from you in a while, are you doing ok? Love you, Mary in VA

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...