Wednesday, August 14, 2013

A Beautiful Day in Oklahoma and Sewing Burlap

 
Today has been a beautiful day in Oklahoma.  When we arose this morning, it was so cool and everything looked so fresh.  We had quite a rain yesterday and it was enjoyed by all of the plants.
 
 
It's amazing to me how the flowers can look so dry and droopy one day and then so bright and perky the next.
 
 
I really thought my hydrangeas were over for the summer, however, they are beginning to bloom all over again.  I lost alot of branches that got broken in the last bad wind storm we had.  But, new ones emerge!!
 
 
The little red geraniums have lasted all summer - which is quite unusual in Oklahoma.  Usually by August, they have had so much heat they just dry up.
 
 
I have been sewing all afternoon with burlap and linen.  Made some really pretty table runners, a Christmas pillow and a vintage linen and lace banner.  These are all on my Etsy.
 
Enjoy!
 
Till next time, Judy
 
 
 

19 comments:

  1. What beautiful fabric! I'm off to see your shop! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Off to see your shop too. Wish I wasn't saving money right now because those pillows go with my new couch.
    Loved Claudia's gift. You are so sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful flowers. Such fun burlap pieces you have sewn. Creative Happy Hearts...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness!!! I saw that same Christmas burlap at Hobby Lobby and loved it! Pretty pretty...

    ReplyDelete
  5. What beautiful runners and flowers. How do you find the time to sew? I wish I could squeeze it into my day.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm glad you finally had a beautiful day in OK after all the rain. My hydrangea just has one lonely bloom on it right now. Admiring your handiwork. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh Judy, beautiful flowers and fabric. The flowers always look so good after it rains.
    Have a great weekend.
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your flowers are looking lovely. I like your Christmas pillow very much.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Judy,
    I love the burlap banner. How adorable is that. I am jumping over to your etsy shop now.
    Kris

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm so jealous of your hydrangeas! You got some great shots of those other flowers too.
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  11. Burlap has such warm character. Your banner and runners are charming,
    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  12. it's a great article, i love the pictures. Thanks for sharing this bookmarking your website as we speak lol xx
    from: CUT IT OUT wall stickers

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful fabrics Judy! You should come up North in September. Brimfield will be in town and you'd snag some gorgeous fabric there for sure. You would be like a kid in a candy store ;)

    ReplyDelete
  14. When we lived there, I always thought there was nothing better than Fall in Oklahoma. October is my favorite. :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your flowers look great for this time of year and heat! Love the burlap fabrics you are using now.

    hugs,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your garden is looking so lovely Judy and love all your new burlap and linen creations, beautiful! Deb

    ReplyDelete
  17. I had a couple of new big blooms on my hydrangea too. This weather has been crazy. I just adore your banner. That is the kind of design that makes Etsy wonderful. I admire your talent! Happy Weekend, Ann

    ReplyDelete
  18. The flowers do look fresh and lively after a rain, don't they?

    I love the burlap that you can get there, our burlap here is definitely not like yours...being more of a burlap sack kind of material.

    Jen

    ReplyDelete
  19. I do love your choice of fabrics..going over to your shop now. :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...